Best Ever Eggless Banana Bread with Sour Cream is delicious, soft, moist and fluffy! The Sour Cream makes a richer tasting banana bread as well as keeping the cake moist. This Eggless Banana Bread with Sour Cream is flavored by vanilla, cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. You can serve a slice of this banana bread with a dollop of ice cream for desserts, or enjoy it with peanut butter as breakfast/snack with tea.
The series of eggs free baking recipes continues to grow in my blog and today I am going to share a foolproof recipe of Eggless Banana Bread with Sour Cream.
Some of the pointers for the recipe are :
- I let the bananas get black and then use them, as it adds more sweetness if the bananas are well ripe.
- I have used all purpose flour for this eggless banana bread. If you are going to use whole wheat flour, I would suggest to use it in proportion with all purpose flour (1:3).
- I have not added any nuts or chocolate chips in this recipe, but feel free to add in this recipe. Baking is fun and go nuts to try out any flavors you like, not necessarily vanilla, as used in this recipe.
- One important thing to note is that the banana bread or banana cake takes time to bake, and best results are obtained when you bake it at low heat. In this recipe, I baked the Eggless Banana Bread at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes. Each oven is different; so I would suggest, when you are using your oven to bake, initially set the timer for 55 minutes and then check for doneness with a toothpick every 5 minutes till you feel its well baked. Remember, this bread is really moist and too much overbake will make it dry.
- I love the addition of sour cream while baking cakes or breads, specially when you are baking at low heat. It not only makes the bread richer in taste, but also makes it really moist.
So, I decided to blog my Best Ever Eggless Banana Bread with Sour Cream anyway even if you may not want another banana bread recipe 😉
This recipe is easy , and comes out perfect every time!! It is the most moist, flavorful, melt-in-your mouth banana bread and I just adore it. So do try this recipe and leave me a feedback or any questions you may have in the comments section. I will definitely get back to you.
- 5 very ripe bananas or 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with butte.
- Combine all purpose flour,baking soda,salt and sieve it in a container. This makes the flour aerated, light and fluffy. Keep it aside.
- Mash the bananas together with a fork or in a mixer at slow speed. Keep it aside.
- Beat the oil, sugar together till it forms a smooth homogenous mixture. Stir in the sour cream, mashed bananas, vanilla extract,cinnamon and nutmeg powder.
- Then add the flour intermittently into the wet mixture. Continuously stir, scraping the sides and mix, till the flour is completely folded into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Cover the pan with parchment paper and bake the Eggless Banana Bread in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.