Grain Free Almond Flour Panjari(granola) for Fasting is Indian Granola, a delicious mix of nuts, raisins, dry fruits, and seeds that can make a filling anytime snack for your days of fasting, when you need an extra energy booster!
Check out the recipe of Grain Free Almond Flour Banana Berry Muffins too !!
- 1 cup tightly packed almond meal ( see notes to make almond meal at home)
- 1.5 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter ( feel free to add more if you like it more rich)
- 12-20 walnuts
- 10-12 golden raisins
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp carom seeds(ajwain)
- Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a pan and roast the walnuts until they are light golden and crispy.
- Remove the toasted nuts from the pan and chop it coarsely. Set it aside.
- Add the remaining ghee or clarified butter. When hot, add the almond meal or flour along with the carom seeds. Stir and mix.
- Cook the almond meal mixture at low heat for 5-6 minutes until you feel the aroma of nutty flavor.
- Remove the pan from heat. Add all the remaining ingredients ( raisins, chopped nuts, powdered sugar, ginger powder, cinnamon and nutmeg). Mix well.
- Serve immediately or when cool, store it an air tight jar. Enjoy it as snack along with milk or tea.