Continuing the series #MagicOfMangoes, in this post, my mango recipe will be ‘Mango Coconut Barfi’. Mango and Coconut, two of the most favorite fruits come together in this sweet Indian barfi. All you need is mango,coconut, sugar and mawa to make this delicious sweet.
- 1/2 cup ripe mango puree
- 1/2 cup grated Coconut
- 1/4 cup ghee or unsalted butter
- 9 tbsp milk mawa powder
- 1/2 tbsp sugar (or as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped pistachios or walnuts
- 1/4 tsp edible food colour (optional)
- 1/4 tsp orange zest (extracted from the outer skin of orange)
- Prepare a small square mould. Grease it with butter or cooking spray. Keep it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped walnuts, food color, orange zest and cardamom powder. Keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the milk mawa powder and saute it for two minutes. Add the mango puree, sugar and grated coconut into the pan. Keep stirring to avoid any lumps.Continue to cook till the mixture starts to thicken. Add the chopped walnuts mixture into the pan. Stir and mix. Continue to cook until the mixture thickens and separates from the bottom of the pan without sticking to it.
- Turn off the heat. Pour and spread the mixture into the greased pan and allow it to cool at room temperature. Refrigerate it for 2 hours to set. Once cooled, use a butter knife to cut it into squares pieces and enjoy!!