No Onion No Garlic Carrot Chutney Recipe or Carrot Dip is spicy and tasty with a blend of different spices and coconut powder or shredded coconut. This plant-based diet chutney or dip goes well with all tiffin varieties. With these no-onion no-garlic chutney recipes, you can spice up any meal. Not only is this Carrot Chutney Recipe or Carrot Dip quick and easy to make, but it goes well with idli, dosa, and even rice.
Health Benefits of Carrots :
- Three crucial nutrients — beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin — within carrots considerably boost eye health.
- Carrots are high Source of antioxidants (Especially Beta Carotene) that help reduce risk of various forms of temporary illnesses and serious chronic diseases.
- Eating more deeply colored orange vegetables like carrots decreases the risk of cardiovascular disease, especially in adult women.
- The nutrients found in carrots help improve immunity, including the body’s ability to fight bacteria and toxins that enter through the mouth and live within the gums and teeth.
- Carrots benefits brain health by helping to prevent against Alzheimer’s disease, improving memory, and defending against other types of cognitive decline. This is due to carrot’s ability to lower oxidative stress in the brain that can weaken nerve signaling capacity.
So do try this No Onion No Garlic Carrot Chutney Recipe or Carrot Dip next time and share your experience of cooking by commenting on this page below!
- ½ cups peeled and diced carrots
- ½ cup shredded or powdered coconut
- 2 tbsp roasted chickpeas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6-12 green chillies( depending upon your spice preference)
- half a knob ginger
- salt as needed
- ¾ cup water (or as required)
- For tempering :
- 2 tsp refined oil (or coconut oil or mustard oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 sprig curry leafs
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- dash of asafoetida
- 1 dry red chilli
- Put all the ingredients except those for the tempering into a food processor and blitz into a smooth paste, using water as required. Take out the smooth paste in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and the cumin seeds. When the seeds start to crackle, add the red chilli, curry leaf and hing. Saute for 15 seconds or until the leaves turn crisp.
- Turn off the heat. Pour the tempering over the chutney. The delicious and easy No Onion No Garlic Carrot Chutney Recipe or Carrot Dip is ready !!
- Serve it with idli, dosa or with snacks. This chutney keeps good for two days when refrigerated.