Restaurant Quality- Oven roasted Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks, a marvelous creation to spice up your day. The relishing flavors, the appealing texture and the amazing aroma of Oven roasted Tandoori Chicken is just mouth-watering. Definitely on the savory side and bursting with flavor, this serves as the perfect appetizers or side dish for a get together or party at home.
Traditionally, the Tandoori recipes are cooked in a tandoor (cylindrical clay oven) or over charcoal, which adds that wonderful smoky flavor. However most of us do not have tandoori oven at home. The good news is that you can still get restaurant-quality tandoori chicken at home with your regular old oven. It’s a cinch!!
Restaurant Quality- Oven roasted Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks Recipe is a simple 3-step process, as summarized below:
Step 1 : Prepare the marinade. Add ginger garlic paste and fresh lemon juice. Next add curd, mustard oil, cayenne, kashmiri mirch, tandoori spice mix, cumin powder, black pepper and salt as per taste. Add the cornstarch which is essential for binding. Mix it well. Toss your chicken in the marinade and let it chill to rest for atleast 2 hours in the fridge. If you do not have mustard oil, you can also use olive oil. Check out the recipe of Homemade Tandoori Masala Powder, I shared in my blog.
Step 2: After marinating, bake the chicken at 425 degrees for anywhere from 35-50 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken, until cooked through. I generally set the timer for 38 minutes.
Step 3: Then, once you take out the chicken from the oven, let it rest for atleast 10 minutes. By letting it rest, the moisture inside the meat is re-absorbed and your drumsticks will be tender and juicy.
Share your Restaurant Quality- Oven roasted Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks cooking experience in the comments section. You can also rate the Restaurant Quality- Oven roasted Tandoori Chicken Drumsticks and give feedback.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tsps tandoori masala powder ( you can also use madras curry powder)
- 1 tsp kashmiri mirch powder(or use paprika powder)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper ( or use any spicy lal mirch powder)
- 1 tsp roasted ground cumin powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp strained curd
- 1 tbsp mustard oil (or use olive oil or any refined oil)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh or dried rosemary (optional)
- Cooking spray to grease the baking pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
- Wash and clean the drumsticks with cold water and pat it dry with kitchen paper towel.
- Slit some cuts in the thick part of the chicken so that some masala gets infused inside the drumsticks too.
- Add ginger garlic paste and lemon juice.Next add curd, mustard oil, cayenne, kashmiri mirch, tandoori spice mix, cumin powder, black pepper and salt as per taste. Add the cornstarch which is essential for binding.Mix it well.
- Toss your chicken in the marinade and let it chill to rest for atleast 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Grease baking pan or grilled pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Add the drumsticks, with the thick side towards the bottom.
- Sprinkle some rosemary leaves over it.
- Drizzle some olive oil over them. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- When the chicken is completely baked, take it out from the oven and let the it rest for 10 minutes before taking them out on plate to serve.
- Enjoy it with red wine and savory chutney.