This post brings you 9 Amazing Tricolor Dishes To Enjoy the Holiday with your Family on the 26th January 2018, when India would be celebrating its 69th Republic day. It is the year’s first long weekend. Republic Day holiday is a special one for all Indians, a day to remember when India’s constitution came into force on January 26, 1950, completing the country’s transition toward becoming an independent republic.
India celebrates the nation’s Republic Day, which is a gazetted holiday on January 26 each year. Large military parades are held in New Delhi and the state capitals. Representatives of the Indian Army, Navy and Air Force and traditional dance troupes take part in the parades.
A grand parade is held in New Delhi and the event starts with India’s Prime Minister laying a wreath at the Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate, to remember soldiers who sacrificed their lives for their country. India’s President takes the military salute during the parade in New Delhi while state governors take the military salutes in state capitals.
A foreign head of state is the president’s chief guest on Republic Day. This year, the Republic Day celebrations will have 10 ASEAN heads from Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei – as chief guests.
Republic Day represents the true spirit of the independent India. Military parades, displays of military equipment and the National flag are important symbols on this date. India’s national flag is a horizontal tricolor of deep saffron (kesaria) at the top, white in the middle and dark green at the bottom in equal proportion. The ratio of the flag’s width to its length is two to three. A navy-blue wheel in the center of the white band represents the chakra. Its design is that of the wheel which appears on the abacus of the Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka. Its diameter approximates to the white band’s width and it has 24 spokes.
Little Flags, tricolor balloons and badges circulated around Republic day, play their own sweet role in instilling the national patriotism. Another thing that makes Republic day holiday all the more delightful is the special Republic day tricolor breakfast, brunch or dessert. Here are 9 amazing TriColor recipes that are sure to make this Republic day holiday memorable for you.
- Tricolor Soft Rice Idlis with Green Peas puree and Bell Pepper Coulis Tricolor Soft Rice Idlis with Green Peas puree and Bell Pepper Coulis is a healthy nutritious and delicious twist to the simple soft rice idlis. The rice idlis are coated with toppings of green peas puree and bell pepper coulis, such that it represents the Indian flag tricolours. A coulis is a simple sauce made of pureed vegetables or fruits. The bell pepper coulis is a nice accompaniment and gives a beautiful natural orange color. For the green colour, green peas are grinded with fresh coriander leaves along with stem. This is a simple easy dish.
- Tricolour Spinach Sun Dried Tomatoes Pesto DipThis layered Tricolor Spinach Sun Dried Tomatoes Pesto Dip is an easy yet impressive appetizer that can be prepared in minutes. Most noteworthy, there is no cooking and it can be prepared in advance. Just keep it refrigerated until ready to use.
- Indian Coconut Rice Pulao from Coconut CreamIndian Coconut Rice Pulao from Coconut Cream is my interpretation of the South Indian Cuisine Coconut Rice. Here in this recipe,the coconut cream is diluted to get the coconut milk and then the soaked basmati rice along with vegetables like carrots, peas, is cooked in it. This coconut rice pulao is also infused with whole spices like bay leaf, cloves, cardamom pods, black peppercorns and ginger. Finally, the coconut rice pulao is garnished with fried cashews and coconut slices.
- Stir Fry Mushrooms Capsicum Indo Chinese Fried Rice Stir Fry Mushrooms Capsicum Indo Chinese Fried Rice is a simple, easy veg fried rice loaded with mushrooms, bell peppers, green onions, flavored with white pepper powder and soy sauce. This recipe is a quick and most authentic way to prepare this hearty version of Chinese restaurant favorite in less than 30 minutes.
- Easy and Delicious Baked Lentils Meatballs made from Almond Meal and Green Gram LentilsEasy and Delicious Baked Lentils Meatballs made from Almond Meal and Green Gram Lentils- Simple, healthy, gluten free, and protein packed! Perfect for a simple, filling meatless meal, these grain-free, egg-free meatless meatballs turn any pasta dish into a protein rich decadent meal. Try on salads or in tacos too – I promise these meatless baked lentils meatballs can taste just as delicious and are even healthier than their meaty counterparts.
- Baked Cauliflower Potatoes Rice-Stuffed Peppers with Bell Pepper CoulisBaked Cauliflower Potatoes Rice-Stuffed Peppers with Bell Pepper Coulis are super healthy, easy and stuffed with a mixture of rice, cauliflower and potatoes, topped with mozzarella cheese and bell pepper coulis. In fact, there are many variations of making the stuffing and even with different ingredients like paneer/cottage cheese, besan/gram flour and green peas.
- Tricolour Sweets Medley ShotsCelebrating India’s 70th Independence Day, I made this special Tricolor Sweets Medley Shots which represents Indian Flag. This tricolor sweets medley shots consists of green peas phirni, layered by oats coconut water pudding and finally topped by vermicelli halwa or also known as meethi sewai ka halwa. This dessert is a flavorbomb,easy and quick. The thick, creamy texture is irresistible and makes a perfect dessert for any special occasion.
- Sticky Sweet And Spicy Garlic Chicken StartersSticky Sweet And Spicy Garlic Chicken Starters is a very simple, quick and easy chicken starter and the inspiration for this dish is Cantonese cuisine.Cantonese cuisine is one of the eight traditional style of Chinese cuisine in which the food is cooked with a lot of sauces and sometimes garlic is used heavily. Ginger, chilli peppers, five spice powder, powdered black pepper are also used but to a minimal. Spring onions and coriander can also be used, but the latter is used only for garnish.
- Indian Spice and Peppery Stir Fry Veggies NoodlesIndian Spice and Peppery Stir Fry Veggies Noodles is a great way to make sure you are getting all the healthy fats that your body needs. One way to ensure is try to eat a mixture of different color vegetables, like in this stir fry. This dish is quick and easy to make. Throw in some vegetables be it carrot, bell peppers, broccoli, etc. stir fry them, boil the noodles, add in the white pepper, Indian spice curry masala, and mango powder. Stir and mix them all, and serve them hot. Here in this recipe, I have used mushrooms, green peas and sweet corns. Of course, feel free to use whatever vegetables you have and in the amount you wish.