Easy and Delicious Healthy Baked Chicken Zucchini Meatballs are moist, flavorful meatballs made from minced or ground chicken and shredded zucchini, flavored by Indian spice and fresh herbs.
Meatballs are a traditionally Italian cuisine but Spaghetti with meatballs is a popular cuisine in the United States. First of all, to define , a meatball is a ground or minced meat rolled into a small ball, sometimes along with other ingredients like onions, herbs , butter, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
My recipe of easy and delicious chicken zucchini meatball gives a light healthier version to meatballs. While the meatballs can be fried, baked or braised in sauce, the chicken zucchini meatballs in this recipe have been baked. The zucchini meatballs are delicious and can be served with tomato sauce and spaghetti. The meatballs can also be served in pizza as meatball pizza.
- 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cups minced chicken or any other meat
- 2 garlic cloves smashed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves(optional)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro (also called coriander ) leaves
- 1-2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp tandoori masala powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 knob ginger finely chopped
- Cooking oil for greasing baking pan
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ 355 F. Grease a flat smooth 9 X 13 inch baking tray or pan.
- Squeeze out excess water from zucchini and using 2-3 kitchen paper towel or any absorbent material, remove any moisture or water remaining on the zucchini.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated completely. Apply a little oil on your hands. Divide and roll the mixture into medium size smooth balls.
- Place the balls on the greased baking pan. The meatballs should be one inch apart from each other. Cover and put it in freezer for 8-10 minutes.
- Take out the meatballs from the freezer and remove the cover. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes till the pinkness is gone in the center and the chicken is cooked.
- Serve the meatballs hot with tomatoes sauce and spaghetti or on pizza as meatball pizza.