Peanut butter is usually used in breakfast and dessert but it has a place in savory main dishes too.Spicy chicken Peanut Butter crunch sandwiches is one such savory version that I will share in this post.
There is an interesting story that Elvis Presley, the famous American musician and actor, ate sandwich after sandwich, and his favorite was peanut butter, bacon and banana sandwiches. That’s why, the peanut butter and banana sandwich is sometimes called Elvis sandwich or simply the Elvis.
Anyways coming back to this recipe of Spicy Chicken Peanut Butter crunch sandwich, it is divine and most noteworthy point is , it is so very easy to make. In case you have missed my earlier posts on some sandwiches and burgers, check it out on #SandwichesAndBurgers.
- 4 slices whole grain white bread( use any bread you like )
- 1 chicken thigh( skinless and boneless) cut into large cubes
- 1 carrot washed, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tbsp honey roasted creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup torn fresh lettuce
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup( adjust as required )
- 1 tbsp Honey mustard sauce(adjust as required )
- 1.5 tbsp butter or oil to toast the bread slice
- To marinade the chicken:
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp cayenne ( adjust as per taste)
- ½ tsp kashmiri chilly powder(to add color)
- 2 tsp tandoori masala powder
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- salt as per taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Marinade the chicken with ginger garlic paste, mustard oil, lemon juice, tandoori masala powder, cayenne, kashmiri chilli powder, and salt. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Take out the cooked chicken, allow it to cool and then shred it using two forks. Keep it aside.
- Heat a griddle or pan. When the pan is hot,add a teaspoon of butter or oil into it. Toast 2 bread slices till the bottom turns golden brown. Drizzle some oil or add butter on the top of the bread , flip the bread slices and toast the other side till it turn golden brown. Toast the rest of the bread slices in this way.
- Take 2 toasted bread slices. Spread one tablespoon of peanut butter on one side of a bread slice. Then take the other bread slice and add quarter cup torn lettuce on one side, add some grated carrot and layer it with generous amount of cooked chicken. Drizzle some tomato ketchup and honey mustard sauce on the chicken and add another layer of some thinly sliced cucumber. Top with the other bread slice, peanut butter side down. Arrange the other peanut butter chicken sandwiches in this way.
- Serve the peanut butter chicken sandwich with some chips and potato fries.