Sticky Sweet And Spicy Garlic Chicken Starters is a very simple, quick and easy chicken starter and the inspiration for this dish is Cantonese cuisine.
Cantonese cuisine is one of the eight traditional style of Chinese cuisine in which the food is cooked with a lot of sauces and sometimes garlic is used heavily. Ginger, chilli peppers, five spice powder, powdered black pepper are also used but to a minimal. Spring onions and coriander can also be used, but the latter is used only for garnish.
The origin of Cantonese cuisine belongs to Guangdong province of China. The Chinese food most sought in the West is the Cantonese cuisine because of the large number of emigrants coming from Guangdon.This is a contest winning recipe in “Snacks And Starters” food category organised by BetterButter a foodgroup and a social discovery platform for recipes
- 1 chicken thigh , skin and bone removed
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp cayenne( adjust as per taste)
- ½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder to add color
- 2 tsp tandoori masala powder
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- ½ tsp cornflour or cornstarch
- salt as per taste
- For the garlic sauce :
- 4 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp honey barbeque sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 4 tbsp Honey
- For garnishing :
- 1 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
- 2 green onions leaves chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and clean the chicken thigh. Pat it dry with a kitchen paper towel. Cut into bite size cubes and add into a medium size bowl. Add lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, and salt. Mix and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add cayenne, kashmiri chilly powder, tandoori masala powder, mustard oil and cornflour or cornstarch into the chicken. Mix well. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and keep it aside.
- Take a pan. Add soya sauce, honey, honey barbeque sauce, tomatoes ketchup, sriracha sauce,ginger and garlic.
- Cook on medium heat and bring it to simmer. Add the cooked chicken into the pan. Strir continuously and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Remove the pan and transfer the chicken into a serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped green onion leaves roasted sesame seeds.
- Serve the sticky sweet and spicy garlic chicken hot.