Stir Fry Lemon Teriyaki Chicken Starters Recipe is the result of my effort in trying to come up with something just a little bit different flavor profile of chicken starters. This chicken recipe is influenced by ‘Lemon Chicken’ but Asian-inspired.
Four ingredients-Cajun Spice mix, Indian curry powder, Lemon juice and Teriyaki sauce, takes this Lemon Teriyaki Chicken to an entirely different and unexpected flavor profile that when explodes in your mouth, leaves a WOW sensation !!
The teri in teriyaki literally means “shiny”, and there’s no cornstarch too in this recipe! The sauce is thickened by the sugars caramelizing, and allows it to coat the meat nicely without being heavy. If you like your chicken to be slightly sweet than being more spicy, feel free to increase the amount of sugar.
The Stir Fry Lemon Teriyaki Chicken Starters Recipe is very simple :
First marinade the chicken with ginger, garlic, lemon juice, red chilly powder, oil, pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
Second, once the chicken marinade is ready, cover it and let the marinade sit refrigerated for atleast an hour or overnight.
Once the chicken had rested well, stir fry onions, stir in the chicken, Cajun spice, Curry powder, sugar and salt. Cook until the chicken is baked, and then add in teriyaki sauce and fresh mint leaves. Increase the heat and stir fry until all the excessive moisture is evaporated.
Serve hot as a side dish.
- For marinade:
- 2 chicken breasts (skinned and deboned) cut into cubes
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- Half a knob ginger finely chopped or ground
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped or ground
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt as needed
- ¾ tsp red chilly powder( for Spice, adjust as required)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Other ingredients:
- ½ tbsp oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped or ground
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 slit green chilli
- 1 tsp Cajun Spice mix
- 1 tsp tandoori masala powder( or use all Spice or any curry powder)
- ½ tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped mint leaves
- Marinade the chicken with one and half tablespoon of oil, ginger, garlic, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt as required. Leave this marinade refrigerated for atleast an hour till overnight.
- Heat a pan and add half a tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot, add onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and sugar. Saute till the onions turn soft, light brown and translucent.
- Add marinaded chicken and stir fry at medium high heat till the pinkness of the chicken is gone( about 5-8 minutes).
- Lower the heat, stir in red chilly powder and tandoori masala powder. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is baked.
- Remove the cover. Add teriyaki sauce and mix well. Stir and mix. You may do some quick taste testing and add in salt or spices if required.
- Add mint leaves and fry at medium high heat till excess moisture is evaporated. The chicken should be moist but not with dripping sauces.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve it hot.