Stir Fry Mushrooms Capsicum Indo Chinese Fried Rice is a simple, easy veg fried rice loaded with mushrooms, bell peppers, green onions, flavored with white pepper powder and soy sauce. This recipe is a quick and most authentic way to prepare this hearty version of Chinese restaurant favorite in less than 30 minutes. Check out my other mushroom recipes on #Mushrooms .
Fried rice is a Chinese dish that consists of steamed rice, stir fried in a wok and mixed with other ingredients such as vegetables, eggs or meat. It is served as complete dish and sometimes in festive occasions, it is served as the penultimate dish just before desserts. Traditionally, at home, fried rice is made with leftover ingredients like the cooked rice, even vegetables or meat from other dishes.Consequently, this lead to a countless variations of fried rice, depending on the leftover ingredients mixed with the rice. Usually left over rice is preferred for fried rice as they do not contain moisture. So, if you are preparing the rice fresh, make sure to lay it on a flat plate and let it cool completely before stir-fry. Another interesting fact is that in traditional fried rice, no table salt is used as the saltiness is covered by the soy sauce itself.
So, in conclusion, beyond the basic technique and usual seasonings, there is no strict formula for fried rice. Certainly there is no fixed list of ingredients, so it is a great way to make use of what you have available whether fresh or not( but certainly not spoilt or rotten!!)
Stir Fry Mushrooms Capsicum Indo Chinese Fried Rice is inspired by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s blog sanjeevkapoor.com. This is my goto lunch if I get up late and need to prepare a quick lunch under 30 minutes. Also it’s the best recipe to reuse left over rice.
- 1.5 tbsp oil( refined or olive oil)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 1 green/red/orange/yellow bell pepper or capsicum julienned
- 6 spring onion greens(greens and onions chopped separately)
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 garlic cloves grated/chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped/grated
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Add oil into a pan. Add spring onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat till the onions turns light brown, soft and translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms and julienned bell peppers. Cook at medium high till all the water evaporates and the mushrooms become soft.
- Add white pepper powder and salt as per taste. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice. Add soya sauce. Add chopped spring greens. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas. Serve Stir Fry Mushrooms Capsicum Indo Chinese Fried Rice hot.