Mangoes,the king of fruits, is synonymous with summers and perhaps the best fruit in the world. The sweet and spicy mango chicken kebabs was a winning recipe in the contest for Mango recipes. This is my fifth post in the series #MagicOfMangoes.
Here in this recipe , a unique twist to the chicken kebabs is given by infusing it with the tangy and sweet flavor of mango. If you like honey barbeque grilled chicken, you should absolutely try this recipe. Inspiration is Spicy Mango Duck Satay Recipe from mapleleaffarms.com blog.
Preparation Time : 6 hours
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4 people
- 2 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup mango puree
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 knob ginger finely chopped or grated
- 2 tsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp degi mirch for color
- 1/2 tsp cayenne for spice
- Salt as per taste
- For brushing :
- 2 tbsp mango puree
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- Wash and clean the chicken thighs in cold water. Pat it dry with a kitchen paper towel. Cut the thighs into thin long strips and marinade it in ginger, garlic, lemon juice and little salt. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mango puree, honey, mustard oil, grated carrot, cayenne, tandoori masala and degi mirch. Stir and mix till all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Take the marinade chicken and squeeze out the excess water. Place it in a bowl and add the mango puree mixture to it. Mix well and refrigerate the chicken marinade for 4-6 hours.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for atleast 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix two tbsp mango puree with 1 tbsp sriracha sauce. Keep it aside. This will be the brush sauce.
- Heat the grill pan. Drizzle some oil over the pan to grease it. Thread the marinade chicken onto skewers. Place the skewered chicken strips on the grill pan.
- Drizzle some oil over the chicken strips and grill on medium heat for 5-6 minutes each side or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden brown. Turn frequently and apply the brush sauce from time to time until evenly cooked.
- Lay the skewered chicken kebabs on a plate and serve it with a hot sauce or spicy mint chutney.